Carol's Homeschool Blog

Monday, October 18, 2004

Days 27- 31

Last week is a blur! I haven't posted.

We finished and watched John 3 and read up to the Golden Calf in our bible reading
We watched a summary of all that we have learned about the colonies in the Colonial Life for Kids called "Settling the New World."
We finished Om-Kas-Toe and we are on Chapter Thirteen of The Witch at Blackbird Pond.
We read a book called William Penn of Pennsylvania.
The Paul is on his sixth book for October. Michael is on his fifth.
Dad is reading various fun books to them at night.
We continue in Spelling, Grammar, and Writing.
We continue in time and money problems in math.

Today, we have been doing a variety of experiments in electricity and "Newton's Wizard." As I type the kids are going to balance a clown.

Swimming and Spanish continue to be a fun activity for the boys!

We had planned on going to E.E. Wilson Wildlife Refuge, but there was a cougar sighting. So, we decided to stay home. Now, the weather is bad. We can't go to the refuge, and we also can't complete our solar electricity experiments until the sun comes back. At this point, it is supposed to rain for the whole week. Oh well, such is life in Oregon!

Self-Education Note: I finished Uncle Tom's Cabin and started Crime and Punishment. I also finished my discussion of Moby Dick with Nikki and got alot out of the exercise. I will meet with my Oprah Book Club for discussion of The Good Earth today.

I am also thoroughly enjoying this Precept study in James. I think I still have much to learn from Kay Arthur. I like the Acts study, but it doesn't have the depth of insight that comes from a mentoring from Kay Arthur. I listened to her video as I clean the downstairs this morning, and I thoroughly enjoyed her teaching (although her outfits are so outrageous!).

Also, I had the Acts study here for watching the Visual Bible DVD of Acts. We also had the Stewarts over for lunch on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home