Carol's Homeschool Blog

Monday, October 04, 2004

Monday, Monday: Day 21

I found myself getting excited yesterday knowing that it was Sunday, and we were going to start schooling the next morning.

I got up early and spent about 40 minutes praying in bed. Then, I got carried away studying Acts for a couple of hours. I am so glad I am studying this too. It is now 8:15 a.m., and I heard a bit of stirring. I will just add on to this as the day goes by.

Finished Winter Wheat by Mildred Walker yesterday and continued back reading Uncle Tom's Cabin as my primary focus. I just wanted to get the Oprah and Book Babes books out of the way so as not to compete with anyone at the library. I am a month ahead now. So, I am back to TWEM books. Loving my reading these days. It is so rich and fulfilling to read!

We are starting at 9:05 a.m.

Music
Finished Mr. Bach Comes to Call and listened to Brandenburg Concertos. I think Bach is a favorite composer for me.

Bible
Moses in a basket, John 3 storyboards, and writing John 3:16 on a 3x5 card.

Prayer
Began prayer for Coctaw in the Southeastern United States .

Art
Learned about Dutch landscapes in the 1600's and the camera obscura.

History
Read about Newton and Locke, recalled the 13 colonies and brief history, and did US puzzle (Paul). Read-Aloud was two chapters of The Witch at Blackbird Pond about a girl who comes to the Puritan settlement of Weathersfield, Connecticut in 1687 from Barbados. It will take ten days and Om Kas Toe will also be due by then. May have two RA's a day!

Science
Read about gravity (since we just studied Newton). We also read about forces. They know much of this because of the Bill Nye videos.

Spelling
Paul - Chapter 2; Michael -Chapter 3. Paul wants another spelling book. :)

Grammar
Day 100 of Daily Grams

Writing
Verse cards, but Michael will finish up Week two of Rascal copywork

Math
We have nowhere to go this afternoon. YEAH! Michael - Place Value; Paul - Addition

Reading
We started our Pizza Hut BOOKIT. They each have a goal of ten books this month.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home