Carol's Homeschool Blog

Monday, October 11, 2004

Physics Fun! (Day 26)

The boys couldn't wait to tear into their new Science Kits that I bought from the Borders Teacher Appreciation Weekend 25 off sale!

We learned about potential energy and kenetic energy and chemical energy and electric and light and heat energy from the Energy Wiz science. We hooked up a battery and made a circuit that made a motor turn a fan and sound a buzzer. We tried to burn a hole in a card using solar energy through a magnifying glass, but I didn't have the patience to wait! We made a flywheel out of a bike and two motors that made a fan go around and sound the buzzer. We did more, and we did it for two hours!

After this, we read three chapters of Om-Kas-Toe and went straight to spelling, grammar, and cursive writing practice.

In the afternoon, we did about 1-1 1/2 hours of math (Paul was longer). Michael finished up the Place Value chapter and Paul finished up the addition and subtraction chapter. We will be ready to start a chapter on time and money tomorrow. I wanted to coincide it with them learning to tell the time in Spanish on Wednesday.

In addition, we were able to do two five minute "room rescues" of the hot spots in our basement. We cleaned up the stray toys under the stairs and the things in the "butler box."

I was able to dust the family room and guest room this morning while I listened to a Worship DVD. I also did a "27 fling boogie" in the master bathroom and found things that I didn't know that I was still keeping around!

So, I am off to do a little policing of of my "hot spots" in the office. TTFN!

Now, they are outside playing in the

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home