Carol's Homeschool Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Gilbert House Field Trip


We left at 9:30 a.m. with the Kincade family for the Gilbert House Kid's Museum "Not Back to School" Day for homeschoolers in Salem, Oregon. It was a great time.

From Paul:
In the recycle room, I made a sort of kooky robot. It has a weird face and arms and legs and a little antenna on top.

Michael made a plasma cannon gun. I guess it is a Sci-Fi thing. He went into the recycle room and came out with this elaborate gun. He played with it outside, and the heads of all the middle school aged homeschoolers turned. Next thing you knew, the whole outside play area was innundated with guns made from recycled materials. Michael is such a trend-setter.

They had fun running around outside. There had been rain prior to our time, but the sun broke through the clouds once they were done spending a bit of time inside in the Ball room and magnetic hall.

There were many vendors there, and I had such a good time talking to them! The women from SASH were there, and they were really great to talk to. I also had a good time talking to the Sonlight Curriculum Representative there too.

Dee and I talked about what we will do this year. We are planning Phillip Foster Farms, OMSI, Eugene Science Center, and maybe a cooking class. It will be nice because they are also taking Beginning Spanish in North Albany.

I am feeling a bit under the weather. I am glad we had a first field trip, but I think I am going to hit the sack for the rest of the day while the kids play downstairs.

The Kincades will come for lunch and play tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home